Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: AG Club question

  1. #1
    Inactive Member jenndon's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 15th, 2005
    Posts
    687
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have looked at the info on the website, but I was wondering if those of you who are members could tell me what exactly is involved or what you "get" for your $20. I know that there is something about earning stars--what can you do with them?

    My daugther is 7, reads the books, and we live in CT, so I know we'll go back to AGP NY a couple of times in the next year.

    Just wondering. I know that they advertise it as something for moms and daugthers to do together. Just wanted some real life input (although this crowd is probably not the most objective about anything AG, LOL).

  2. #2
    HB Forum Owner Kaileyfan1's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10th, 2005
    Posts
    1,752
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    $20 is a good deal for what the club comes with.When you buy the club you get a $10 off coupon automatically added to your next order.You hook it to your computer then you can earn stars to get club exclusive items like Club outfit for doll(comes with hst t-shirt and shorts) 800 stars,or the club bag for doll and girl 600 stars.You daughter earns stars by doing things around the house,helping you, reading books and answering quizzes about them.You can also earn stars and give them to your daughter.Everytime you go to AGPNY or AGPC you get 50 stars just for walking in the store.You also get stars for going to the cafe,doll hairsalon,or the theater.O I almost forgot you also get a club charm bracelet with the club.You daughter can earn stars to get charms for her bracelet.Hope this helps

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Momof2agfans's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 4th, 2004
    Posts
    149
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    My girls are 9 & 11 and they both love the club. They can "email", through the club, girls from all over the country.

    You can set it up so that you can read the emails before approving them for your daughter. I set ours up like this, and still haven't changed this. Youngest DD has been in the club for almost a year. I like the activities for girls. (So do they). They are very family oriented and they can also earn stars for volunteer work.

    All in all, it is well worth the money. I need to renew our membership soon. (It's $10 to renew, and you get a $10 coupon plus you get a free charm and more stars.)

  4. #4
    HB Forum Owner aggirl479's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 12th, 2005
    Posts
    1,030
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    I am in the Club, and it is a lot of fun. You can earn stars by reading books, volunteering, going to American Girl Place, and by doing many other things. Parents can also earn stars by doing things with their daughters, and then can pass them on to their daughters as a reward for doing something good. You can use stars to buy Club-exclusive items and "Treasures", which are these little virtual picture things with kind of a story. Treasures cost about 50 stars, and the actual products, which are Club-exclusive, (including charms, doll and girl clothing, and other accessories) cost between 100 and 1600 stars. You auctomatically get $10 off your next AG order (I plan on using mine tonight [img]wink.gif[/img] ). You also get a cool AG Club charm bracelet, a couple of little Club booklets, and a cute box that everything comes in. All-in-all, it is a great deal! It's also really fun because you get to email (with Club names, not real email addresses) other Club members and talk, so you get to meet new girls. A Club membership lasts for a year, and a renewal for another year costs $10, because it only comes with the membership and another $10 discount coupon thing. So, basically, a renewal is like buying a $10 AG gift certificate, and getting a free year in the Club, kind of! LOL! Oh, and another thing. If you plan on buying your daughter the Club, you should try to get it and activate the membership before September 30th, because if you do, then you will each (you and your daughter) get 50 bonus stars for the Club's 1st anniversary! Sorry this reply was so long, but I hope it answered at least most of your questions! [img]wink.gif[/img]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member tatabatata's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 25th, 2005
    Posts
    595
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I agree with all said before.
    DD loves the activities, the stars and her charm bracelet is her favrite piece of jewelry!
    Well worth the $$
    Ana [img]graemlins/wilted.gif[/img]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member lscogbill's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 24th, 2005
    Posts
    713
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    There are several activities for mother and daughter to do together. My DD is just about to turn 4, so we enjoy these the most (obviously, she isn't e-mailing anyone). It's stuff like take your doll to dinner, to school, playing hopscotch, helping with charities, etc. Highly recommend it!

  7. #7
    Inactive Member jenndon's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 15th, 2005
    Posts
    687
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks for all the info. Dh had to go to sleep early tonight, because he was up late last night watching the Cowboys on TV, so I had to check on here, but before I did, I did check out the info on the AG site again. It does look good, and I think I will get it for her. I appreciate the advice to do it before Sept 30, because I was thinking of waiting and giving it to her for Christmas. Now I think I'll go ahead and get it for her now, as her reward for taking on some new responsibilities around the house. The $10 renewal and additional gift certificate is great info, too, because it's then essentially free to stay in, assuming that you are going to spend $10 a year on product.

    So, I guess all this means that I will have to save the Kit I won for Christmas. . . . ???? I'm still torn. I figure if I give it to her now, she can get more accessories for Christmas, instead of getting the doll and lots of other stuff to go with her all at once. Hmmmmm.

    I really want her desk and I think dd would love the little typewriter.

    Thanks again for the responses and info. I keep thinking that I shouldn't read this board so much, because I gives me a bad case of the "gimmes," but I think that you all really show the spirit of what these sweet dolls are and can be.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member AGDancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 10th, 2005
    Posts
    442
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The club is really fun
    both the parent and the girl get a bracetlet with a charm. you get real cool games to play too.

  9. #9
    HB Forum Owner aggirl479's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 12th, 2005
    Posts
    1,030
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Angry

    My Club kit didn't come with a bracelet for my mom... I'm 99% positive that it only comes with one girl's charm bracelet with an attached Club charm.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •